life without fries

for those stories, ideas, images, and other random crap that reminds us how utterly weird the world really is

Google

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Hi, My Name is Bob, and I'm an Addict

Addiction is not pretty. I mean, listen to what this guy had to say
"A month or two after I started surfing the internet, I failed some of my school tests, but I was too afraid to tell my parents. When my father found out, he was very angry.

"But I couldn't control my addiction. Friends were also telling me that I was on the net too long, but I thought: 'It's my life, I can do what I want.' I became a real loner, was withdrawn, and wouldn't listen to anyone."

Yes, you read that correctly. He is addicted to the Internet. Well, he is in luck because he a) is Chinese and b) lives in China. That means that he can go to the brand-new Internet Addiction Clinics and get treatment for his 'horrible' problem.

Dr Tao Ran, head of the clinic, said the scale of the problem in China was enormous:

"Every day in China, more than 20 million youngsters go online to play games and hit the chat rooms, and that means that internet addiction among young people is becoming a major issue here.

"And it's only recently that the authorities have started to wake up to the seriousness of the problem with more articles in the papers highlighting the dangers of going online for too long," he said.

So be careful guys. D.A.R.E. to stay off drugs, and the internet.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home