life without fries

for those stories, ideas, images, and other random crap that reminds us how utterly weird the world really is

Google

Friday, July 08, 2005

I can do anything you can do better...

It is a pretty universal truth that dorky nerds that happen to be engineers aren't very good at this whole 'music' thing. I actually studied piano for a number of years, and all the teacher could really say at the end of the year was that 'I knew my songs by memory, but...' Basically, it's not hard to memorize the movement of your hands and sequences of keys to press. The hard part is putting all that squishy, moisty, feel-goody 'passion' thing everyone talks about.

But engineers are a very resourceful species, so I was only a tad surprised when I found this. It's a page with pictures, schematics, and other information about a project at the Georgia Tech Institute to build a guitar-playing machine. From the looks of it, the contraption seems to have all bases covered, but I wasn't able to hear a sound clips since I'm at the office and I treasure the perception I've created of a hard-working and dedicated employee (I know, some people are just really gullible...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home